Announcing SLADE JOSEPH HERRUD born Wednesday, May 20th at 4:45pm weighing in at 7lbs 9oz and 20 1/4 inches long! He has blonde hair and blue eyes and in our opinion is the most adorable newborn out there.
This was a planned induction so we went into the hospital at around 8:30am and checked in. They tried to start the IV for the pitocin but the nurse couldn't get the needle into my arm so we had to wait for a different person from IV therapy to do it instead, and that took a little while for her to come up and do it..Sandy that is. So I didn't get the pitocin until about 10:30am and then we kinda hung out for a while until they broke my water about 2pm I think...can't remember exactly but then after that it didn't take to long until my contractions were getting pretty uncomfortable and I was dilated to about a 5-6 then. I let the contractions get a little regular and hurting until I got the long anticipated epidural that every women on earth deserves to have. I got the epidural at about 3:30pm and the anesthesia guy ended up being LDS which was pretty cool, he was making small talk with us while getting everything set up behind me, and he was really funny and made the situation easier for me to relax in and Trev thought he was pretty cool, he even said I was too skinny...which I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic but hey I'll still take it anyways! After that I was feeling very very good and very happy again to be feeling no pain just pressure which is fine with me. I was at about a 7 at like 4pm and then the next thing I know the nurse comes back to check me again and she was like oh here is the head I can feel it! I was not expecting that so soon, I thought for sure it would be longer than that so I had to get geared up really quick. We waited a couple minutes for my midwife to get there and then it was show business. I pushed like 6 times probably and within like 5-10 minutes baby Slade was here! Overall it went really well and I couldn't be more happy how things went and the nurses that I had the whole time. He also scored a 9 on his apgar test! We think he is pretty good lookin, I mean look at his parents! So after I had him and the epidural wore off I wasn't sure how I would feel but surprisingly I felt really great without much pain. I am still feeling good now just a little crampy and such. I will post some pics too. We came home the next day at noon.
Friends
10 years ago




6 comments:
Kelly,
CONGRATULATIONS! He really and truly is adorable. He looked a little like Morgan to me, and I think she is an absolute beauty. You totally deserved that quick and easy delivery. I'm glad it went so fast. I hope you are healing up well and getting lots of rest and relaxation. I can't wait to see pictures. Love, Sarah
Congrats! We're happy Slade is here and everyone's doing well. We're excited to see him! Hope you get some sleep!
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of Slade. What a nice weight and everything!
Hope you heal fast.
Love,
Renee'
I am so thankful that you and the baby are doing good. I can't wait to meet the little heartbreaker! Hope you are getting some rest and healing!
Take care girl!
yeah! welcome to our family little Slade. cant wait to hold you and squeeze you!
I'm glad your delivery went well. I mean that.
Post a Comment